For those of you that thought eating health is boring, you have got it soooo wrong!
These pancakes are awesome and packed full of delicious flavour without making you feel bloated and yuck when you’re finished. In fact they do quite the opposite, the fibre will help keep you regular and the natural yoghurt helps keep the good friendly bacteria winning the battle against the nasty bugs of winter. Go on, I know you want to try them….
Ingredients: Makes 6
- 2 cups spelt self raising flour
- 1 big tablespoon psyllium husk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups full cream milk
- 2 teaspoons unrefined cold pressed coconut oil
- dash of vanilla essence
- extra oil to cook pancakes – coconut or olive oil
- 2 medium sized organic apples
- 1 handful of dried cranberries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon organic honey
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- shredded coconut
- organic 100% maple syrup
- Jalna Biodynamic full cream plain yoghurt
- In a bowl, beat the egg and then add milk, vanilla essence & oil. combine thoroughly and finally add dry ingredients. Consistency should be smooth but not too thick, if need be add more milk. Let rest while you make filling.
- Peel and chopped apples into 1 cm cubes (actually, you can cut them anyway you like really) and put in little saucepan with water, cinnamon stick and bring to boil on the stove. Add honey and cranberries just before apples are ready and take off heat to rest.
- In a frypan add a little oil and scoop some pancake mixture to create a 15 cm in diameter pancake. Cook both sides and keep warm till all pancakes are made.
Chop up almonds and lightly dry fry in the frypan and put aside for when assembling the pancakes. Assemble pancake by filling one with apple & cranberry filling (drain the mixture with your fork and avoid too much of the fluid to get on pancake, it will make it soggy), fold it over and top with roasted almond, shredded coconut, greek yoghurt and maple syrup. Serve hot. YUMMY!