We all love a good salad when the weather warms up and this little gem ticks all the boxes for a perfect salad lunch. Like most salads, it relatively easy to whip up. The combination of crispy lettuce, crunchy seeds, juicy tuna and flavoursome herbs makes each mouthful heavenly! The predominately raw ingredients also ensure you’re getting a dose of vitamin C, some B group vitamins, phytonutrients, protein, omega 3, vitamin A, various minerals and fibre. Gotta love that!
Ingredients: Serves 3
- 1/2 Cos lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 spring spring onion, chopped
- handful of basil, chopped
- handful of parsley, chopped
- handful of coriander, chopped
- 185g tin of tuna
- 1 tablespoon Norganic Golden Soy Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Toss all the vegetables and herbs in a bowl. Add Tuna and mayo and stir in well.
Roast pumpkin and sesame seeds in a saucepan for a few minutes.
When ready, serve salad on a plate, sprinkle seeds on top. If you like, add a boil egg on the side
for some extra texture. This salad is quick and tasty. It’s easy to make and goes down a treat with everyone.